Translate

8 April 2020

New DAB log

First time DAB station heard
Channel 8B; St. Combi Media ; ensembleId 1F9A; frequency 197648; time of recording 2020-apr-07:09:31; services 6; SNR 3; transmitterId(s) (0 0)

This is from Heiloo which is not far from Alkmaar in the privince of Noord Holland. TII was 0,0 so obviously still in test mode.

Quite a few new Dutch stations are about to get licences for the DAB band.

2020 Season

Well the season is almost underway again. FM and DAB. Its that time of the year to check all the gear and connections. Everything seems to be right to go

DAB log periodic at dawn over Rijswijk

April 7 2020 we had a bit of Tropo for DAB. I have decided this season to set my DAB antenna up on our back balcony. Seen here it is pointing towards the U.K but directly along the balcony is north / north /east. Basically towards Zwolle, Bremen and Hamburg. Denmark and Norway.

I will sacrifice Belgium and France + further on DAB to concentrate on U.K and to the north.

Just to clarify what I am using for DAB dx. I find the RSP1A better than Airspy. I have played around with QIRX software but for whatever reason, the sensitivity is not as good as DAB Scan. DAB Scan by Jan van Katwijk is great. I set it up so I can scan for long periods. It saves text files to disk of the logs. It also gives you the ability to skip channels. This is handy if you have some strong locals and only want to concentrate on the dx.

https://github.com/JvanKatwijk/dab-scanner/releases
https://github.com/JvanKatwijk/dab-scanner/


DAB Scan


FM DX
No Sporadic E signals received here yet as of April 8. A fair bit of Tropo with some nice signals from deep Belgium and Northern France. Again this will be my Antenna for FM dx. I am limited by this setup but its not too bad. Portugal, Spain, France, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Turkey, Greece and Italy. It is somewhat restricted to the Balkins and of course the U.K. When we do get U.K Tropo I will shift the antenna.

So, here we go. Its a waiting game and with this Coronavirus, life has certainly become a waiting game.
















My FM Yagi setup towards Spain

No comments:

FM Logs - 8 May 2021

 My first few logs of the 2021 Sporadic E season. This was done with my ELAD FMD-S2 and SDR Console. The nice thing this season is that SDRC...