About Me

My photo

I'm originally from Melbourne Australia and now living in The Hague in The Netherlands with my wife Karin and 11 year old son Matthew.


Thursday, 2 March 2017

De Cocksdorp Texel

It has been some time since I've posted a dx blog. I am currently sitting at the lighthouse at De Cocksdorp on Texel, an island off the Netherlands coast. We are here for a week. My wife's aunt and uncle have the bed and breakfast here and while they are in Portugal they asked us if we would like to house sit. In a dx sense I thought Wow.. being on the corner of the Waddenzee and North Sea, it would throw up some nice dx.

It has been a mixed bag. I started the first few nights with an ALA antenna, but in such a place you want something with a little bit more grunt. So I have been able to get at least 150m of wire out towards Nth America. Its far from perfect but its something and there have been plenty of signals from Canada. The main problem I have discovered here on the island is wind. You get the old corkscrew effect. Not always but it depends on which way the wind is blowing.

I have the Perseus and am using the excellent Jaguar software.

Logs and more to come



 

 

 

No comments: