Translate

26 November 2009

DXing in the shack

We moved to Den Haag (The Hague) in December 2008 and I have to admit I loved my little shack out the back. Its everything I wanted as a dx room however I have to confess that being back in an urban environment, full of TV's and light dimmers that noise levels are twice as much as they were in Pijnacker (Our former QTH).



The Den Haag DX shed before antennas went up

Nowadays I dx with the ALA 1530 loop. Its a great noise reducing device and if I didn't have this loop then Dxing from home would be impossible. The loop is great for LW and MW and to an extent the lower bands. To be truthful I have yet to test it fully on shortwave

The ALA and Mini whip on shed and my FM log periodic (Now heaps higher)


Inside my shack in Den Haag (DX HQ)

No comments:

FM Logs - 8 May 2021

 My first few logs of the 2021 Sporadic E season. This was done with my ELAD FMD-S2 and SDR Console. The nice thing this season is that SDRC...